welcome :)

Welcome to my blog! enjoy :)

About Me

My photo
I am a Junior at UMD. I am a Community Health Major with a Psychology Minor. I love meeting new people and am always up for a good time :)

Monday, October 26, 2009

Eye Opener: Environmental Working Group

The cosmetic item I chose to evaluate is Victoria Secret's Dream Angels "Heavenly" perfume. I chose this product because it is something I use every day . I was a little shocked when I saw the results because I never really thought of perfume as being hazardous to the environment. I found out that the ingredients in this product are linked to developmental/reproductive toxicity, allergies/immunotoxicity, and other concerns for ingredients used in the product such as neurotoxicity, enhance skin absorption, and occupational hazards. On a scale from 1 to 10 my perfume was ranked at a 5 which is considered to be a moderate hazard. It is crazy to think that our every day objects are hazardous to the environment.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! It's so crazy to think that stuff we use everyday is so hazardous, and we don't even realize it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you used a product that is very common in our society, though, because it taught both us things we never knew and we can educate our friends on it now!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog