welcome :)

Welcome to my blog! enjoy :)

About Me

My photo
I am a Junior at UMD. I am a Community Health Major with a Psychology Minor. I love meeting new people and am always up for a good time :)

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 9: Weekly Update

My SMART goal
My SMART goal is to give up pop and drink only healthy fluids out of a re-usable water bottle. This is to keep me healthier and more motivated by giving up pop.


Successes and Challenges
I went home for Thanksgiving. I was around a lot of junk food and just food in general. Even though I did not eat healthy like I planned to do, I still stuck to my SMART goal and used my waterbottle instead of drinking pop. I have been drinking a lot of tea which is caffinated so I mix the powder with water and put it into my waterbottle, which is how I get my engergy. I faced challenges because when I eat unhealthy foods, I tend to want to drink unhealthy liquids so that was a little difficult. I am glad I did not give in and only drank healthy liquids.

Feelings

Like I said, it was more difficult being home, eating things I would not usually eat up here at college. I set a goal which was to start eating healthier when I came back up to Duluth, which I have been doing a great job of and it feels excellent! I had a week at home to be lazy, but now that I am back in school I am more motivated to work out and eat/drink healthy.


What I learned
I learned a lot this week. I realized that there may be some weeks that you feel more sluggish and a little more unmotivated, and that's okay, sometimes your body needs a break. However, I learned how important it is get back on track and stick to your goals. Whenever I work out and eat healthy I feel a million times better. Sure it is great to have pizza now and then and to pig out once in a while, but you need to do that in moderation.


Plans for Next Week
I plan to eat/drink healthy, work out, and use my re-usable water bottle for next week. After I got back from Thanksgiving break I realized how important it is for me to get back on track. I feel a million times better when I stick to my goals!

Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 9 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic with Amy

2 comments:

Search This Blog