welcome :)

Welcome to my blog! enjoy :)

About Me

My photo
I am a Junior at UMD. I am a Community Health Major with a Psychology Minor. I love meeting new people and am always up for a good time :)

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Eye Opener: Photo Essay


                For my photo essay I chose to report on my experience shopping at consignment stores and also at a furniture store that raises money for breast cancer.

 

The picture above illustrates a consignment store that I shopped at in Eden Prairie called Encore.
I went to three different stores, Encore (Eden Prairie), Nu Look and Fashion Avenue (Edina) and found great deals on mostly designer brand clothing. Everything was gently used clothing and accessories such as jewelry, purses and shoes. It was great to shop at these places because we have been learning in Environmental Health about re-using certain goods. While everyone else was shopping at the shopping malls for new items on black Friday, I was shopping for re-usable, yet fashionable clothing.

The picture above illustrates me shopping at Encore. I am proud to report back that I found a great pair of designer jeans that originally cost $160. I bought my pair of jeans for $58 (what a steal!).


Above is a picture of the "Hope Chest" located in Orono, MN. This is a very inspiring/unique store. They take donations and donated upscale furniture. All the money goes to women that are affected by breast cancer and to research in hopes of saving lives.


I was home two weeks ago. My Mom and Dad were talking about getting rid of our kitchen table because they found one they had liked better. Instead of throwing it away I suggested they bring it to the hope chest so we could donate to the cancer society. The picture above is a picture of me standing by the table that we donated! It was great to know that we are helping cancer patients by donating a simple table. I wish more stores were like this!





Reusing is very important these days. It helps not only the economy, but the land fills as well because we are not throwing away as much if we reuse. I definitely will shop at consignment stores more often. Not only is it cheaper, but healthier for our environment!



MckLinky Blog Hop

2 comments:

Search This Blog