welcome :)

Welcome to my blog! enjoy :)

About Me

My photo
I am a Junior at UMD. I am a Community Health Major with a Psychology Minor. I love meeting new people and am always up for a good time :)

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 10: Overall Project Reflection

What was your SMART goal? Did it change at all during the project? Explain.
My SMART goal was to stop drinking pop and start drinking out of a reusable water bottle. Towards the end I decided to add on to my SMART goal to eat healthier.


 


 What helped you be successful? What things got in your way? How can you address these in the future?
 I have always wanted to do something like this, but was never very motivated. When I started this goal I was really excited for it and was determined to be successful. When ever someone offered me a pop I made sure to stay strong and decline. Giving up pop for 10 whole weeks made me realize, I do not need it. Sure, I can have one once in a while, but I feel so much better and not so "sluggish" if I don't drink it.


 How did you benefit from this project? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about behavior change? 
 This project has been very beneficial for me. I learned that I was drinking waaay too much pop and drinking out of non reusable water bottles. It's nice because I have learned that drinking out of a water bottle not only keeps me dehydrated (since I fill it all the time) but keeps me from drinking unhealthy fluids. I learned that I am way more "upbeat" when I drink healthier fluids.


 How did others and/or the environment benefit from you changing this behavior?
 I had my roommates try giving up pop for a week and they went through with it and actually bought reusable water bottles. They agreed that it was beneficial and they were not as sluggish either. The environment also benefited from my SMART goal because I was not using so much plastic. I thought it was really cool how me being healthy could benefit the environment!

 Will you continue this behavior? Why or why not?
 I will definitely continue this behavior. I love how I feel when I drink healthy fluids and it makes me want to eat healthier. Before this lifestyle change I was getting headaches because I was so dehydrated. After I started my SMART goal my headaches went away and I feel great!


What recommendations do you have for others about making a lifestyle change?
 I would strongly recommend that they are motivated going into the change so they have motivation throughout the challenge. I would also tell them that it is definitely worth it and you feel more accomplished!

Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 10 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic with Amy

2 comments:

  1. Nothing better than changing something about yourself just to feel healthier! Good job on achieving your goal!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog