welcome :)

Welcome to my blog! enjoy :)

About Me

My photo
I am a Junior at UMD. I am a Community Health Major with a Psychology Minor. I love meeting new people and am always up for a good time :)

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Reflections week 1 and 2

The first day of class was a lot of fun for me. I hadn't really heard how Environmental Health was from other students, so I wasn't very sure what to expect. The first activity we did with the rope was fun, and also an eye opener. When Dr. V kept removing the ropes and we all had to fit into one with both feet in the circle I wasn't sure how it would be done. This activity taught us to work as a team to come up with a sollution. The rope activity also taught us to always go into new experiences with an open mind to see what the different possibilities are. After the rope activity we worked on blogging, which, I am completely new to. It was cool to make my own blog and put whatever I want on it. Blogging seems a bit overwhelming right now, but I'm excited to see all the different options:). Week 2 started the class off with a few quotes. Dr. V.  asked us what we thought the meaning of each one was. It was fun to hear what everyone said because this showed there are a bunch of different ways to interperet things. Each quote can be short and simple, but it can also be deep at the same time. We also talked about how the government relates to the environment. After watching a movie about global warming I was really shocked to learn that the government does not tell us some very important information. Global warming is becomming an even bigger issue, however, they arent telling us what they know about it. After the discussions we had a verrry good snack that keith brought in! His specialty, chocolate covered pretzels will definitely be tough to beat! After the snack, we learned more about blogging. I feel that I am starting to get the hang of it (slowly). I feel that it is really overwhelming, but once I get it done it seems fun!

4 comments:

  1. Yes I agree with you on not knowing how to react to when Dr. V was removing the ropes and how we were supposed to work with it. The global warming video was quite interesting, and you do make a very good point on how the government does not do a good job with telling the public everything they know. I'm just as new at blogging as you are, so feel free to ask me questions and hopefully we can work together to make them turn out they way we want them to! See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will get the hang of the blogging thing in no time! Your blog is already looking fabulous!!

    Dr. V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the pretzels were so good! I think I can beat them though, I'm pretty good in the kitchen! Also, I'm a new blogger too so if you ever want to get together to figure out how to do things, let me know! See ya soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty sure we are all really new at the blogging! I'm also willing to get together to work on this stuff. I'm very interested to see what kinds of food everyone brings in each week! It should be a fun class!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog